Search My Blog! :-)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Contending with the box

So for dinner I decided to help my mom try to make stuffing and chicken...from scratch! I offered to make the stuffing as a learning experience. I have to tell you it was really easy and I'm never using the box again. I think it would even easier to make if you have all the ingredients on hand. We made our own chicken stock and bread cubes. The recipe is as follows:

1 onion chopped

4 celery stalks (we used seven) chopped

One loaf of bread dried and cubed

Chicken broth (as much as you want for desired texture)

2 t. poultry seasoning

Salt and pepper to taste

Prep:

Chop your onion and celery.

Put your onions and celery in a skillet in a little bit of oil and brown on high. Place on low with a little bit of chicken broth and cover.

Cube your dried bread.

Slowly add handfuls of bread into your skillet, and pour a little bit of your chicken broth in to, just enough to moisten. Repeat until all the bread cubes are in.

Sprinkle your poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in and stir.

You can add enough chicken broth until it is the consistency of stuffing and all your cubes are moist. Mix.

You can add shredded chicken and mix in for an easy dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment